Shreve Town was originally contained within the boundaries of a section of land sold to the company by the indigenous Caddo Indians in 1835.
In 1838 Caddo Parish was created from the large Natchitoches Parish, and Shreve Town became its parish seat.
and extends along the Red River (most notably at Wright Island, the Charles and Marie Hamel Memorial Park, and Bagley Island) into neighboring Bossier Parish.
Bert, a native Louisvillian, attended the University of Louisville.
When not on the golf course, you could find Bert and Ann Leah, his loving wife of 51 years, at the race track or at a U of L game.
He never missed a sporting event or recital for any of his grandchildren and viewed his family as his greatest legacy.
He served on the University of Louisville Cardinal Athletic Fund, was a Board member of the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, and was a two term Board member of the Regional Airport Authority of Louisville and Jefferson County.
Bert was a wonderful husband, father and grandfather and was involved in commercial real estate his whole life, putting together deals for apartments, office buildings and shopping centers.